Updated: 4 days ago
It goes without saying, nobody saw this coming and now we're all scrambling trying to navigate around Government lockdowns, social distancing, and the uncertain economic outcome this all may bring.
As a contractor, you've likely had clients postpone their projects, your phone has stopped ringing with new leads, and you're not sure how to keep things rolling during this uncertain time.
Though things may have slowed down and cities are on lockdown, that doesn't mean you can't still find hot leads looking to get work done ASAP. And, if your area is completely shutdown and you're unable to work, there are steps you can take now to ensure you come out stronger on the other side of this pandemic.
Generating Leads During The Pandemic:
Facebook Lead Form Ads:
Over the past few weeks, we've been using Facebook Lead form ads to generate high quality & low cost leads for our clients. When setting up Lead Form ads, it's important to remember the following guidelines.
- Head over your Facebook ads manager and create an ad with the goal of "lead generation".
- Make sure you're targeting people who LIVE in your targeted locations. The default setting targets people who are IN that location, you want to target home owners, so make sure to change that option. - Start off with a daily budget of between $10-$15 per day.
- Choose the "Carousel" ad type. This allows you to showcase multiple images.
- Make sure your images are 600x600 in size, use a free tool like Canva.com to do this.
- Write compelling copy for your advertisement.
- Make sure to address COVID-19 and how you're handling it, offer free quotes via video call, detail the steps you're taking to stay sanitary and follow CDC regulations.
- Create a vision in the consumers mind of what you can offer them. Tell them how can you can create their dream backyard, kitchen, or bathroom.
- Make sure your lead form has at least one custom question that Facebook will not autofill. When a consumer clicks "get quote" on your ad, FB will automatically fill in their contact info, but it's key to add a custom question like " How Can We Help You?" in order to qualify leads and prevent accidental form fills.
Head over to Ads.Google.com and create an ad account using any Gmail account. From there, you can create advertisements that will rank your website on the first page of Google when consumers search for certain keywords like "bathroom remodel near me". Keep in mind, Google ads can be expensive. Unlike Facebook which charges you a daily set budget no matter how much traction the ad gets, Google only charges you when your ad gets clicked. Every keyword or search phrase has a cost, so if you're bidding on expensive terms, you can be looking at over $1 per click, where as Facebook can get clicks for as little as $0.15.
While Google ads can yield a solid ROI, we recommend Facebook as it's easier to set up, manage, and track ROI.
Other Ways to Get Ahead:
If money is tight and you can't invest in ads, or, if your area is completely lockeddown and you're legally not able to book jobs and work, there are a few things you can do in the downtime to make sure you come out stronger when this pandemic is over.
Take this time to set up social media accounts (if you haven't already) on Facebook & Instagram.
Once you have your accounts, start using them. Create content, do daily stories, build your brand, research relevant hashtags, engage with your community. EVERYONE is home, people are spending more time online than ever, you can interact with potential customers for 100% free right now.
Use this time to build a website (if you don't already have one). If you do have one, make sure it's optimized to convert visitors into leads. Check our blog post on "3 Keys to Converting Website Visitors into Leads" for help. We do offer FREE website builds for clients if you need help.
Interested in learning everything you need to know about marketing your business yourself? checkout therealdealonlinemarketer.com.
Need help with about Lead Generation, Reviews, Website Design, Chat Bots, SEO, Paid Ads, Google My Business, or other forms of online growth, feel free to reach out to us at Info@bluecollarhacks.com, or by submitting the contact form on our homepage.